Expected finishing times

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hotel?

Post  Brisbit on Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:33 am

Hi Rob

Do you know how long the hotel is available to us? I'm not gonna get there very early! Also, is there a limit to how many friends and relatives can come along? I suspect the only person who'll hang around for me to finish is my husband, but there have been a few people threatening to come along to support me and I don't know whether to tell them about the hotel or not...

Alison
Brisbit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hotel opening hours

Post  Rob on Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:54 am

Hi Alison

I don't know I'm afraid - maybe Lucia will know - I'll drop her an email. I should imagine they will be there well into the afternoon / evening as I am sure they would want us all to partake of the showers / food etc. Smile

Last year I took quite a few people up to the room - six now I think about it - and there was no problem - hopefully this year will be the same.

I think the grub that will be served will be a bit different this year - last time it was fancy posh nibbles, Vol-au-vents and stuff - to be honest all I wanted was a bacon sarnie and a mug of tea. Anything other than sweet orange drink!

Hopefully Lucia will put us in the picture...

Rob

bounce
Rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

dodgy knee

Post  Lee the Pea on Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:32 pm

Hi folks,

thought i'd join in to complain about my knee!!! Tried to run 17-18 miles today, got to mile 10 and knee really sore. Walked a bit, tried to run, did this a few times but result was I had to get the bus home :-( Really gutted. Went in a panic to the running shop, they checked me running on the treadmill, but said shoes were fine. I've recently got orthotics, which i've worked up to wearing all the time during my non-running life, but i've not worn much when running. Anyway, i didn't wear them today, which I think was the problem. So i'm resting up for a couple of days, and will try some shorter runs during the week then aim to do the 18 next weekend. Fingers crossed it goes okay! Hope everyone is doing okay. What is up with our knees eh?!
Lee the Pea

View user profile http://www.justgiving.com/leethemarathonrunningpea

Back to top Go down

Hotel Opening Hours

Post  Lucia on Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:47 am

Hi Alison and Rob,

Last year I think we were at the hotel until about 6pmish, basically until all of the runners who said they were coming back had been and gone. If we know that you are definitely coming to the hotel we'll stay there until we've seen you Smile

In terms of numbers, I think most people brought, spouses, partners and a few friends and family along, anywhere between 1 and 6-8 people I think, though there isn't a limit and anyone who wants to come would be very welcome! It can get busy as we're only allowed the one large room but I seem to remember we did spill out into the hallway last year. I think the main difference this year is that there won't be formal food on offer. In the past there has been typical party type food but this year it will just be tea, coffee and biscuits and for the runners the chance to shower, change and get a leg massage.

I hope this helps a bit! Any other questions or worries, just let me know! I hope the training is going well and if I don't see you beofre, I look forward to seeing you on the 26th! Very Happy
Lucia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Expected finishing times

Post  Mark on Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:39 am

I hope to finish under 4 hours.

Are people who hope to finish at similar times going to run together? I would be up for that as I planing to run with the Runners World pace group.
Mark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Under 4 hours

Post  Rob on Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:53 am

Hi Mark

I am aiming for sub-four too - but it won't be sub by much I don't think!

My plan is to meet up with everyone at the start - if I can I have a ballot place and my have to go to a different start point, but I will do my best to blag my way in... Razz

As for the race - I think the runners world pacers go from the ballot start, not the charity start if that makes sense.

I would be more than happy to run with someone else / a group, but I think the time will come when we all want to go at our own pace, so no promises from me that I will be keeping up!

Rob
Rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark on Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:00 am

I never thought of that - it's a good point

I think I would like to have someone to run with.
Mark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Hotel

Post  Lee the Pea on Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:21 pm

Evening all,
i'm going to bed soon so I can get up at 5am for my run tomorrow (got to leave for work at 6.30!). ANYWAY, i'll be going back to the hotel, and i might have up to 6 folk with me, but maybe just a couple. I'll not get there until any time between 15:30 - 17:00 (i'm giving myself plenty of lee-way!) so I hope you've not all got fed up and gone home ;-) Seriously though I hope to see some folk there, and it will be GREAT to get a shower and a cup of tea. mmmmm
Lee the Pea

View user profile http://www.justgiving.com/leethemarathonrunningpea

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2