After the marathon...what then?

Go down

After the marathon...what then?

Post  JSIMMONDS on Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:38 am

Anyone given any thought as to what to do when it's all over? It's been so all-consuming for me that I can't imagine getting up without thinking through the training plan, worrying about the latest niggle etc etc.

I'm thinking about triathlon (it is the modern day mid life crisis after all and a damn sight cheaper than a sports car).
Then again, I might try and get in through the ballot for next year as well. All depends upon how it goes this time round!

Jon
JSIMMONDS

View user profile http://www.justgiving.com/jonsimmonds

Back to top Go down

Triathlon

Post  ptc575757 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:35 pm

Ha ,
You must not have looked at the price of a good Tri bike! you can pay £4/5/6 k but worth every penny of any mid-life crisis, and cheaper than a divorce. I managed three 'sprint' tri's last year, sprint are the easy ones....um! 400m in the pool, 20ishkm bike then a nice little jog. it is a great sport and it can be completed without being great at all three disciplines(or in my case any) it really is for one and all, young ,old , fat , thin, slow,fast doesn't matter..... you race against the clock not the ones in front. I like it because as you get older you have more chance of winning (less people) in fact I was fifth in one race, yes fifth! Do you know not one person asked me how many people competed in that race, good job, there was only five in our age group, but it sounded impressive. Well must run. geek

Grandad Phil.

ptc575757

View user profile http://www.justgiving.com/philipcurwen

Back to top Go down

What next?

Post  Rob on Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:15 pm

Bl@@dy hell Jon!

Not really been thinking much beyond April just yet, however...

I do want to run a Marathon elsewhere. Kay, my long suffering wife, agrees - she would like me to run in Prague, New York, Paris, anywhere with shops really! The three I really fancy are: Midnight Sun in Norway, the Reykjavik Marathon and the Comrades Run in South Africa.

Rob
Rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: After the marathon...what then?

Post  ajmcd on Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:48 pm

yes im going to the beach for 2 weeks cant wait Very Happy already packing Very Happy joke
ajmcd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark on Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:28 am

I'm worried because we are meant to be playing Chelsea on Saturday and I'm worried they will move it to the Sunday - if it is the 1:30 kick off I will run the marathon in a orld record time!
Mark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down