Gels on the go!

Go down

Gels on the go!

Post  Rob on Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:49 am

Hi again

Having tried the SIS Go gels during training I did wonder if they would be as easy to take whilst running a race.

Seems they are. I had one about 10 / 20 mins before the gun, then at three, six and nine miles ish. They went down really easily and I am sure they helped - maybe all in the mind, but help they did.

Blackcurrant was the nicest I think...

So, plan for the 26th is now: One before the start - four, eight, 12, 16 miles, then pick up a couple more at the Runners world place (17 miles), then 20 and 24ish miles. Something like that anyway...

I didn't get any shot blocks in the end, but I may carry a pack to nosh en-route as well... Smile

Rob
Rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

not tried them yet

Post  Lee the Pea on Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:50 pm

Hi Rob,
i've not tried gels yet, i'm slightly scared i'll react badly and be dashing for a loo while out on a run!!! I think i'll give on a go this weekend. So far i've been drinking half a bottle of lucozade sport before my run, then taking 500ml of carb & electolyte drink with me, along with some jelly babies. This has been fine so far, but I've only managed to run up to 15 miles due to knee issues! I'll be attempting an 18 miler on Sunday, so i might get a get to try towards the end and i'll see how I go.....

I shall report back!

Lee
Lee the Pea

View user profile http://www.justgiving.com/leethemarathonrunningpea

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum