Best of luck from the sideline

Go down

Post  ajmcd on Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:05 pm

Hey guys. I wanted to inform you myself that I have sent an e-mail response to Ann today, regarding the injury I am suffering from with my knee, unfortunately I will not be participating in the 2009 marathon with you guys I am rolling my bond over to the 2010 run. I wish you all the best with the run and I will be there cheering you guys on from the side.

The main reason I have done this is as my job is dancing I need to be in full physical health and as I can not manage running a mile at the moment I would only be risking making my injury more serious by running next Sunday.

I am sorry to let you guys down and I feel really bad about doing it but I have to put my health first. I hope you all understand my decision and don't think too bad of me because of it.

Once again all the best for next week I will be shouting for you!!!!!!

All my love

Adam
ajmcd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Right decision

Post  ptc575757 on Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:22 pm

Hi Adam,

Hey don't worry, you haven't let anybody down. You must be gutted having put all that effort into training and now not being able to compete. You health and your job are more important and just think how much faster you'll be next year, so keep your chin up. Now... you have got yourself a very important job next week and thats giving the rest of us support, and by golly we'll need it. Just had a thought, you could help Jordan get round bounce bounce Keep smiling

Grandad Phil (who is still hanging in there, how, I don't know scratch )

ptc575757

View user profile http://www.justgiving.com/philipcurwen

Back to top Go down

Re: Best of luck from the sideline

Post  Lee the Pea on Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:54 pm

Hi Adam,

so sorry to hear you're still not better, but you've totally made the right decision, and you have not let ANYONE down. There is no point in running a race when you are injured and especially when it could affect your livelihood too. You wouldn't enjoy the marathon for worrying! I had to defer my place from last year to this year, because I sprained my ankle, so I know how disappointing it is to have to defer. Look at it this way though, you'll get to run the marathon the first year that Virgin run it, and I think they are going to have a big party at the end, so you can look forward to that!

We know you'll be cheering us on, so you're still a part of the team Laughing

I hope you manage to get your knee better soon :-)

Take care

Lee x
Lee the Pea

View user profile http://www.justgiving.com/leethemarathonrunningpea

Back to top Go down

support

Post  ajmcd on Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:40 pm

think i might stand at one of the stops with a huge bag of jelly babies i know your all so fond of them so you can all run up and grab some will wear my sams vest so you can see me
ajmcd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Support

Post  Lucia on Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:04 pm

Hi Adam,

I just wanted to say how sorry I am that you can't do the run, but I absolutely think its the right decision for you and you certainly haven't let anyone down at all. You have to do what's right for you and no one else when things like this happen, please don't worry. I'm glad that you're still coming over though and I look forward to seeing you with the Jelly Babies, can I put in a request for specific colours or is that taking it a bit too far!! Laughing

Anyway, take it easy and get that leg better, have a good journey over and I hope to see you on Sunday. Take care of yourself Smile

Lucia
Lucia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob on Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:09 am

Hi

Well, first can I echo the other wishes that you get your knee sorted and to add that I too think you have made the right decision - no point screwing your knee and potentially your job too.

In a way it must have been a tough decision - I guess you are as proud as the rest of us and wanted to finish what you had started - however you can now take part in the first Virgin London Marathon... bounce

It would be good to say Hi at the hotel if you gey chance to drop by - just don't leave too early!

Rob
Rob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ajmcd on Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:25 pm

girl i am not gettin up at 8 am etc to go to a hotel Wink im having a sleep and starting at 10 will prob be round post 20 or something give u all a boost round there best of luck for sunday
ajmcd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Best of luck

Post  JSIMMONDS on Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:54 am

Adam - so sorry to hear you won't be with us on the run. Defo the right decision and you would be letting yourself down if you ran injured. Well done for all the training you have done so far and look forward to seeing you 20 miles+ with much needed jelly babies.
Roll on VLM 2010.
Jon
JSIMMONDS

View user profile http://www.justgiving.com/jonsimmonds

Back to top Go down

best of luck

Post  angela on Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:45 pm

Dear Adam
Sorry you're injured but you'll be great for next year. Thanks for the support and good luck everyone. I collected my number and chip today, so looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday
All the best,
Angela

angela

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rufus on Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:32 pm

Hi Adam,

Just to echo everything that has been said so far - well done on making a very sensible decision, often the hardest decision to make.

Hope the weather is good for you spectating but not too hot for us running. It's good of you to come and watch/cheer still.

Rxx

Rufus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brisbit on Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:39 am

Hi Adam

Sorry I'm a bit late replying to your post - only just noticed it. I think you've totally done the right thing - all the training you've put in will hopefully give you a head start on the training/fitness for next year. Glad you'll be cheering us on - I think we'll need plenty of encouragement - I know I certainly will!

Rest that knee, and give us a wave tomorrow!

Alison
Brisbit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down